1. How long is a RIFS?
A. 2 microseconds
B. 10 microseconds
C. 16 microseconds
D. 9 microseconds
2. What guard interval is used with 64-QAM by 802.11n HT devices to reach 600 Mbps data rates?
A. 800 ns
B. 200 ns
C. 100 ns
D. 400 ns
3. When two RF signals on the same frequency arrive at a receiver at the exact same time and their peaks and valleys are in alignment what is true about these signals? (choose all that apply)
A. They are 180 degrees out of phase
B. They are 90 degrees out of phase
C. They have 0 degrees of separation
D. They are in phase
4. What is the cause of Free Space Path Loss?
A. Beam Reflection
B. Beam Absorption
C. Beam Diffraction
D. Beam Divergence
5. Which of the following are units of power?
6. A single milliwatt = 0 decibels of change.
7. Which of the following increase amplitude?
A. Lightning arrestors
B. RF Cables
C. Pig tail adaptors
8. More than 40% blockage in the Fresnel Zone will not impede an RF link.
9. Which of the following describes a behavior of waves?
10. Phase is a standard measurement of RF wave size.
11. In an ERP 802.11 network there are two mandated spread spectrum technologies.
12. ERP-OFDM stations can not connect with OFDM APs because the use different __________.
A. Contention methods
B. Modulation techniques
D. Coordination functions
13. Which data rates are supported by PBCC?
A. 6 12 and 24 Mbps
B. 36 48 and 54 Mbps
C. 1 2 5.5 and 11 Mbps
D. 22 and 33 Mbps
E. 1 2 5.5 11 22 and 33 Mbps
14. How many adjacent non-overlapping channels may be used in the same physical area using the 2.4 GHz spectrum?
15. The area of coverage provided by an AP is called which of the following?
16. The function of an AP is most closely related to which wired networking device?
A. A Switch
B. A Hub
C. A router
D. A firewall
17. What is the largest channel size possible with 802.11ac?
A. 40 MHz
B. 80 MHz
C. 120 MHz
D. 160 MHz
18. What is required for stations to use 256-QAM?
A. they must have a firmware upgrade
B. there can be no more then 2 stations
C. they must be very close to the AP
D. they must be far from the AP
19. The period of time that exist between wireless frames is called __________.
A. Duration/ID field